Wednesday 29 October 2014

filming

What I wanted to do for the short clip is to show that a person can remember what a photograph represent and why it was taken. I also wanted to look at how some one can also forget what is in a photograph but can remembers the emotions and also why the photograph was taken.








At first I shot the photograph that shows some of my family the photo is important to me and my dad because its of a time when they were missing my uncle who had passed away. In the photo you can see a small photograph which is a portrait of my uncle. I wanted to show the photograph first before the rest of the clip but thinking about it i could us it last to show what has been forgotten.






I also filmed myself drawing the photo from what I remember. after drawing the photograph from memory I realized that I had not included the photograph of my uncle who is the reason why this photograph was taken.

At the end of filming I realized that the video will seem quite personal with my dad remembering a day that pretty much devastated the whole family. Hearing my dad talk about the day that the photograph was taken and then the day my uncle passed away it does feel very personal and realizing that I did not include the portrait of my uncle made me feel sad and angry at my self for forgetting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment